Yes for now it is under CC Unlicense. In the future (as we are working on some new things) it will change slightly to protect out interests, legally, but the same general idea will remain: Code can be used for commercial purposes, no attribution necessary, you can derive code and release it freely, etc.
We would ask, though you are under absolutely no obligation, that we could work out terms for including your implementation in the SDK in the future, once the new version + website are ready. Would you mind shooting us a little email to "basiscontact" at google's mailing service, even if your answer is "no"? Thank you :) Also, please let us know if we can be of any help or if you have any questions.
Congratulation for your software.
Simple and effective. Do you plan soon export to image sequence?
Thank you for your kindness. I will go ahead and say here is what is expected for the next version, Basis 0.94.
- New web site
- We begin selling licensing. Very simple, and not expensive. (This is the only way we can afford to continue working on Basis)
- All text supporting localization (currently the system is in place but not all of Basis uses it). We will need translators!
- Plugin for Unity
- Plugin for PSM (Playstation mobile development…)
- Major improvements and additions to micro timelines
- Sprite Export (image sequence)
We have not had much time lately to work on Basis, but we should be able to spend more time on it now as my family and I have finished moving to a new community.
If you have any suggestions, questions, (or contributions!) please contact at moc.liamg|tcatnocsisab#moc.liamg|tcatnocsisab. We will have a new contact once the new website is announced.